View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021   #643
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,890 Times in 12,765 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

An Eye-Opening Experience
MEDICAL OFFICE | WORKING | SEPTEMBER 8, 2015
(I get a splinter of metal in my eye. I go to the local eye doctor. I have an extremely strong blink reflex and even my old eye doctor had to have someone else hold it open to put drops in.)

Local Doctor: “You have a small sliver of metal in your eye.” *begins to explain how he’s going to remove it*

Me: “Okay, but I do have a strong blink reflex. I can’t control it.”

(The doctor just nods and starts setting up. Finally he begins to work and is getting frustrated that every time he gets close to my eye it closes.)

Local Doctor: “Stop blinking! This is taking far longer than it should.”

Me: “I warned you about my reflex. I don’t know what you want me to do. I can’t control it!”

(The doctor begins yelling at me about how I can control it. Tells me to look everywhere then yells at me that I am doing just that. Finally another doctor comes in to find out what’s going on.)

Local Doctor: “She won’t stop blinking. This would have taken two seconds but she’s being difficult.”

(The other doctor then pushes the other out of the way and grabs a bottle of something. Holding my eye open he puts drops in my eye. Then he sits down and waits a few minutes testing the reflex while he waits. After a bit of time he finally grabs his tool and pulls out the splinter without much fuss while he holds my eye open with the other hand.)

New Doctor: *to Local Doctor* “Reflexes are not controllable. You have many tools here to keep eyes open and instead you chose to scream at her. Next time just pass off a “blinker” to me.”

(I thanked the new doctor for his help and when I saw him and his kids at the carnival the next day he called me ‘”blinker” and he got a free toy for his kids!)
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04296 seconds with 10 queries