VietBF - View Single Post - It’s An Emergency! But It Can Wait. JERK, MEDICAL OFFICE, NURSES, USA | HEALTHY | SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020   #17
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,892 Times in 12,766 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

As Refreshing As A Cold Brew!
ARIZONA, COFFEE SHOP, CRAZY REQUESTS, HOLIDAYS, JERK, USA | RIGHT | SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
It’s Labor Day, and we have shortened hours because of it, so we have a sign on the door that reads, “Hours: 7-5.” I work at a store that occasionally does a happy hour in the afternoon with half-off or two-for-one drinks. A couple comes in at about three pm and we have this interaction.

Woman: “Are you having a happy hour today?”

Me: “Oh, no. There’s one on Friday, though!”

Woman: *Getting angry* “Well, why does your sign say there’s a happy hour from five to seven?”

Me: “Oh, those are our hours for the day! From seven am to five pm.”

Woman: “Well, that’s false advertising.”

Me: “I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. What can I get for you?”

Woman: “I want [very complex $15 dollar drink], and I’m not going to pay for it because of the false advertising you have.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but I can’t do that. I apologize, but that’s not an offer today, and even if it was, I could only give you half off.”

Woman: *Rolling her eyes* “Fine, but I want your largest cold brew with no water and no ice, and I have a coupon for it.”

I know we’re running low on cold brew and if I make that we’ll have no cold brew until tomorrow evening.

Me: “All right, can I see the coupon?”

She shows me her phone with an expired coupon.

Me: “I’m sorry, that’s expired; I can’t use it.”

Woman: “Well, you should honor it anyway! How was I supposed to know?!”

My supervisor comes over.

Supervisor: “Ma’am, I will give you the drink for free today on the condition you stop trying to cheat the cashier out of a free drink; you could have easily gotten it if you were nice to her in the first place.”

My supervisor hands her the drink and aggressively throws the straw down at her. The woman scowls and leaves and motions for her boyfriend to follow, after he didn’t get a drink or even a chance to say anything.

Supervisor: “I have no problems giving free drinks because they’re so overpriced, but if a customer ever tries to cheat you out of one, come to me.”

That was very refreshing, because normally this supervisor can be a bit of a strict policy follower, so it was nice to know that he has my back when we have to break policy!
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05317 seconds with 10 queries