VietBF - View Single Post - It’s An Emergency! But It Can Wait. JERK, MEDICAL OFFICE, NURSES, USA | HEALTHY | SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021   #895
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,889 Times in 12,764 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

The Least Annoying Telemarketer Ever
AWESOME, HEALTH & BODY, INSPIRATIONAL, KIND STRANGERS, TELEMARKETING, THE NETHERLANDS | HEALTHY | OCTOBER 8, 2020
The official description of colic — or “crybaby” as is its literal translation from Dutch — is “a baby that cries at least three hours a day, at least three days a week, for at least three weeks,” and it usually passes by the fourth month.

When I was a baby, I cried for twenty hours a day, every day, for over seven months. The doctors weren’t able to find a cause. Food intolerances were tried and ruled out, my parents were accused of malingering and observed in the hospital to make sure they weren’t exaggerating and/or inducing the crying, and my parents were advised to have me sleep in the barn or have me sleep over at the home of a deaf elderly relative.

Around the seven-month mark, a telemarketer called our exhausted family to sell some kind of overpriced private health insurance.

My father picked up the phone and interrupted the sales spiel.

Father: “My baby has been crying twenty hours a day for the past seven months. She’s obviously in pain, and the doctors can’t find the cause or solve it and are still looking. You don’t want us as your customers.”

Telemarketer: “No, I totally understand. I hope I’m not overstepping, but have you tried a chiropractor? That could be KISS syndrome.”

My parents had not tried a chiropractor.

One week later, to the chiropractor I went.

That afternoon, my older brother — who didn’t know I had had any kind of appointment that day — looked at my parents in obvious concern.

Brother: “I think there’s something wrong with the baby. They’re never this quiet.”

My parents didn’t buy from the telemarketer, and they don’t remember her name. But we are all very glad a salesperson called us that day.
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04757 seconds with 10 queries