View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019   #869
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,859 Times in 12,760 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Big Spender Is Actually Big Whiner

Bad Behavior, Massachusetts, Pharmacy, USA | Right | June 20, 2018

(It is a somewhat quiet evening. A customer comes in, and I greet her. My manager is standing nearby, and once the customer is out of earshot, she informs me that the customer is well-known for being rude and to call her if I need help. Sure enough, once the customer finishes shopping, she starts.)

Customer: *slams the first of many items onto the counter* “You need to get the manager up here now, because I need a discount.”

Me: *surprised* “Yeah, sure, let me page her now.”

(I page her and ring out the rest of the customer’s items as quickly as I can. My manager walks up from the back.)

Manager: “Hi, what can I help you with?”

Customer: “I need a discount. I have a coupon on my card, but it doesn’t show up when I try to print it, and you need to do something about it.”

(When this happens, it is almost always customer error; either the wrong email is linked to their store card, or they never set one up at all. We will generally input the coupon as long as the customer can show us the email that contains the coupon. Even if the customer can’t get the email up, we will still put it in under special circumstances — if they are buying a decent amount of stuff, are a regular customer, etc.)

Manager: “Okay, that’s fine. Can you pull up the coupon on your phone? I need to see the coupon to be able to put it in.”

Customer: *raising her voice* “WELL, I can try but I don’t know if it’ll work. You need to give me a discount because I spend a lot of money here, and this is unacceptable!”

Manager: *I can tell she is getting agitated* “All right, well, just try to pull that up, because we cannot give discounts without actually seeing the coupon in some form.”

Customer: “Well, I spend a lot of money here!”

(She clicks around on her phone for a minute or two and is able to bring the coupon up, and my manager puts it in and the customer finally pays and leaves.)

Manager: “You know, it’s a good thing she had her coupon, because I wasn’t going to give her the discount if she didn’t. She could have flipped out all she wanted, but I’ll be d***ed if I’m going to reward her s***ty behavior. Oh, and as for spending a lot of money here, she comes in maybe once a month…”
florida80_is_offline  

Page generated in 0.05448 seconds with 10 queries