View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021   #651
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,887 Times in 12,764 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Come To Work To Make A Name For Yourself
RESTAURANT | WORKING | MAY 20, 2014
(For whatever reason, there’s a stash of name tags in our restaurant’s office. Occasionally, I’ll pick out one to wear for the day and go by that name with all of my customers. On this day, I picked out a male name, which also happens to be the name of another coworker. We look nothing alike: He is tall, heavy-set, and dark haired, while I’m a very petite, light haired female.)

Customer: “Your name is [Male Coworker]? That’s very unusual!”

Me: “Yeah, I get that a lot.”

Customer: *pointing at male coworker* “Isn’t he also [Male Coworker]?”

Me: *deadpan* “Yeah, he’s actually my twin brother. He was such a big baby they couldn’t see on the ultrasounds that I was in there, too. Our parents got a huge surprise when I was born three minutes later. They didn’t have another name picked out, so they just named us both [Male Coworker]!”

Customer: “Really?! That’s quite interesting! How did you guys know which one they were yelling for when you were growing up?”

Me: “Well, it was usually both of us because we were always getting into trouble together. But, parents always seem to mix up their kids’ names, so our parents actually had it a little easier than most.”

Customer: “Huh, I never thought of it like that.”

Me: “All right. Well, let me know if you need anything. As you know, my name is [Male Coworker]!”

(I recounted the episode to my coworker and we had a good laugh over it. I ended up telling the story at least three more times that day and not a single person questioned me.)
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04967 seconds with 10 queries