View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021   #585
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,889 Times in 12,764 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Can’t Face The Speed
OFFICE | WORKING | MAY 19, 2015
(At our office we have a lot of data to upload and download. To make this a bit faster, workers who don’t have to use the Internet intensively for work purposes have their speed limited, to leave more bandwidth for the ones who don’t. It’s not a big limit, as it’s still possible to watch streaming videos and download files at normal speeds. I’m the IT guy.)

New Coworker: “Hey, my Internet is slow! Could you take a look at my PC?”

Me: “That’s normal. Since all your work is done offline you don’t need so much speed, so it’s limited.”

New Coworker: “But it takes me more than 10 seconds to load the page! That can’t be normal!”

(I’m sure she’s exaggerating, but I agree to go look at her PC. She sits down and goes to show me by loading a webpage.)

New Coworker: “See? It shouldn’t take THIS long to load!”

Me: “Umm, yes, but it’s because you’re watching videos on YouTube. That takes some bandwidth, and slows down your connection which isn’t that fast to begin with.”

New Coworker: “Yeah, even the videos sometimes glitch. So, what will you do about it?”

Me: “Well, nothing. You don’t need faster net for working purposes.”

New Coworker: “But I can’t work without music!”

Me: “Bring your own on a thumb drive, and listen to that? That’s what I do.”

New Coworker: “Why should I do that? It’s YOUR responsibility to enable ME to do my job properly.”

Me: “It’s not connected with your job—”

(She storms off and returns a minute later with our boss.)

Boss: “[New Coworker] is telling me you won’t raise her speed limit and she can’t work because of it!”

Me: “Work? Okay, why don’t we take a look at her browsing history? If it’s for work I’ll raise it right away.”

(She panics, but boss gives me a green light.)

Me: “So let’s see: Facebook, Facebook, YouTube, 9gag, 9gag, 9gag, YouTube, Facebook, YouTube, eBay, YouTube, Facebook… ah, here’s website of the guy we order toner from, so that’s work… Facebook, YouTube, YouTube, eBay… Should I keep going?”

Boss: “You’ve been working hard, [New Coworker]? Maybe I should give you a raise.”

New Coworker: “But I can’t work without music!”

Boss: “Bring an mp3 player from now on.”

New Coworker: “I don’t want to do that!”

Boss: “You’ll have to because [My Name] will be blocking all of the sites you went to that weren’t related to work. And this is your final warning; if I catch you playing with your phone or something you’ll be jobless.”

(Guess who got fired the next week for playing games on her phone?)
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04730 seconds with 10 queries