Go Back   VietBF > Other News|Tin Khác > Health Care in English

Old 10-29-2020   #461
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,824 Times in 12,744 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Unfiltered Story #200749
MEXICO, PHARMACY | UNFILTERED | JULY 17, 2020
(I’m on a fairly known pharmacy chain in Mexico which also has a doctor’s office attached. This particular doctor tends to have at least some patients waiting during the day because he has some fame in our town, so I sit in the waiting room. Almost immediately, the door opens and an older man and his wive are yelling at the doctor)

Man: (Irate) No! I will not tolerate that you disrespect my wife like that!

Doctor: Sir, calm down. I didn’t disrespect your wife.

Wife: Yes you did!

Doctor: No, it’s just the rules, and it says so in the waiting room: only the person getting the consultation can enter.

Man: I don’t care! You were disrespectful! How about if I disrespected you, eh? Like this? (He proceeds to take the doctor’s booklet where he writes prescriptions). Eh? How do you like that?!

(At this point, a middle-aged woman sitting next to this big and burly young man playing a portable videogame speaks up)

Woman: Sir, please, can you calm down? It’s the rules of the business.

Man: You stay out of this, b****!

(When hearing this, the young man sitting next to her stands up. While he was sitting he looked pretty calm and like he didn’t care about the world outside his game, but right now he looks downright scary)

Young Man: YOU WATCH YOUR TONGE WHEN SPEAKING TO MY MOM, D*****BAG!

(The man and his wife go pale and get out of there. But they still take the doctor’s booklet with them)

Woman: Wow, sorry about that.

Doctor: Well, at least there’s plenty of people here to help out in case they try to follow with their threats to sue me.

(He goes to the main desk of the pharmacy and asks for another booklet. In the meanwhile, the woman’s son has gone back to his videogame, looking just as calm as before. I didn’t expect to see such a scene when I just went to get the doc look at mysore throat!)
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020   #462
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

You’re Denying His Right To Be A Basket-case
BAD BEHAVIOR, CURRENT EVENTS, PHARMACY, THE NETHERLANDS | RIGHT | JULY 11, 2020
I have to clean every shopping basket the customers use. It’s mandatory to use a shopping basket because it’s a method to check how many customers are in the store. I’m cleaning baskets when a man comes in.

Me: “Excuse me, sir, please take one basket when you enter the store.”

Customer: “I don’t want to do that.”

Me: “Sir, unfortunately, it’s mandatory. If you refuse to bring a basket, I can’t allow you in the store.”

As I’m saying this, the man comes really close, which is also not allowed.

Customer: “I don’t want to do that!”

Me: “Sir, if you don’t keep your distance and don’t take one basket, I cannot allow you in the store.”

The customer refuses to listen and comes even closer when he says:

Customer: “I hate these new rules; they can’t make me keep my distance!”

A few other customers saw it happen and stepped in. The man eventually walked out without buying anything. If the customers hadn’t helped, I would’ve brought my manager into this, but fortunately, it wasn’t necessary.
Old 10-29-2020   #463
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Dressed Up For Your Non-Birthday
GOLDEN YEARS, PHARMACY, USA | RIGHT | JULY 9, 2020
An old gentleman with a walker comes up to me.

Old Gentleman: “Is it your birthday?”

Me: “Um… no? Mine was in the spring.”

Old Gentleman: “Oh. The last two ladies I talked to in the photo department, it was their birthday.”

Me: “Nice timing!”

Later, after I punch out and head for the door, he asks where to find a specific candy he likes. I lead him to it.

Me: “So, all jazzed up. What’s the occasion?”

He has on a dark suit and a tie.

Old Gentleman: “Well, today I went to the doctor, then I got a haircut, and now I’m here at [Store] on my way home.”

Me: *Confused* “A suit, to get your haircut?”

Old Gentleman: “No, the doctor’s office, for the nurses!” *Sly wink*

Very sweet customer!
Old 10-29-2020   #464
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Will Tell You Until You’re Black And White In The Face
AUSTRALIA, PHARMACY, STUPID | RIGHT | JULY 6, 2020
Customer: “I need some vitamins but I can’t remember the name.”

Me: “Okay, do you know what colour the packaging is?”

Customer: “Yes, the label was black and white.”

None of the vitamins we sell come in black and white bottles. I spend quite a while showing him what we do have, but he’s adamant the ones he wants are in a black and white bottle.

Customer: “Look, I’ve got a picture in the car; let me go get it.”

The customer returned with the picture. It was printed in black and white. We did have the product after all; it comes in a blue bottle.
Old 10-29-2020   #465
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

I Wonder If That Was His Final Form?
AWESOME, GEEKS RULE, JERK, PENNSYLVANIA, PHARMACY, USA | RIGHT | JULY 5, 2020
I’m a pharmacy technician who greatly enjoys video games. My head pharmacist does not. Still, she sometimes tries to use “gaming terms” to better motivate me during the crazier shifts, although she usually ends up asking, “Was that right?” Today was one of those days.

Just before the end of my shift, a very intimidating customer drops off a script for a controlled item and stays at the counter for several minutes to instruct me on how it is to be done. For the record, as far as I have been taught, if certain controlled items are only partially dispensed, then the remainder is void and a new script would need to be written for more. This is one such item.

Customer: “The last time I was here, your other pharmacist denied me this prescription because you did not have enough in stock. The time before that, they only gave me half and never the rest. I never had this problem in [County next to ours]. I don’t know why doctors in this backwoods county have no balls, but you will fill this today. If you do not have it all today, then you will give me what you have and then the rest of the script next week.”

I make sure to keep eye contact and say little more than “okay” as they rant about government prescription coverage and more about medical professionals “not having balls,” including something about another pharmacy wanting to overcharge them this morning, which is why they are back to “deal with us.” They are practically shaking with restrained anger by this point.

Customer: “Also, you will never give me one of those stickers again! I have been taking [medication] for over twenty years. I worked at [Nearby Hospital]. I know how to use it!”

Me: “My apologies. We are now required to add those stickers to the bottles of all [medications].”

Seeing they are about to explode in another tirade, all 5’2″ of me cringes and I hastily continue.

Me: “But I will add a note to your profile today.”

The customer is seemingly placated for now.

Customer: “Fine! Make sure they never give me another safety cap again, too!”

Me: “Okay. I will get started on this with my pharmacist.”

The customer stalks off to wait. I assure my pharmacist and a coworker, who have both been listening in, that I will be fine, and we all agree to get the customer out as soon as possible. After filling them in, we actually get to work on the script, as corporate has been breathing down our necks about any customer complaints, and refusing this person would very well end up giving us one. My pharmacist says she will ring up the sale, but I insist, telling her I can finish this. As I call the customer back up, I can see that they have had time to cool off and have visibly deflated a little.

Customer: “Look, I’m sorry for my tone. This whole government system has me so fed up!”

They continue to, more politely at least, repeat their previous rant about Medicare and doctors with “no balls” as I quietly ring up the sale. At one point, they even notice they forgot an item, and I go the extra mile by heading out to grab it for them. By the end of the transaction, we are actually having a partially civil conversation.

Customer: “Anyway, thank you for the help.”

We wait until the customer is gone before I turn to my pharmacist.

Me: “That is what we call a Boss Battle, and I just pwned its a**!”

Looking back, I added all the notes, including a warning for future shifts, but forgot to double-check the safety cap. I’m going to need some hi-potions and phoenix downs if they show back up tomorrow. Still taking the win tonight!
Old 10-29-2020   #466
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #199915
ALABAMA, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JULY 5, 2020
(I was working the drive thru in a chain retail Pharmacy alone. There are two lanes, and I as fairly as possible switch and juggle between the lanes when their are multiple cars. After finishing one car in lane one I juggle back to lane two, who was next, as a woman riding in a taxi comes to lane one.)

Me: *to lady in lane one* Just a second please ma’am. *proceeds to close the window and address lane two*
Woman: Ma’am I’m in a cab!
Me: *holds up one finger to ask for a second as I’m entering lane two’s information*
Woman: *practically wailing* Ma’am I’m in a cab! Ma’am I’m in a CAB! MA’AM I’m in a CAB!
Me: *finishes lane two and reopen the window* How may I help you ma’am?
Woman: You should take care of people in a cab first! *tosses her stuff at me and drives off before I can get any relevant information, such as pick up time, for her prescription.*
Old 10-29-2020   #467
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #199879
AUSTRALIA, PHARMACY, QUEENSLAND | UNFILTERED | JULY 4, 2020
I have a service dog due to an invisible medical condition. She wears a beige and red coat and has a bright blue collar, leash and head harness that read SERVICE DOG in two-inch letters all over them. Because she is a very large dog and an unconventional breed, she gets a lot of attention when we go out and it’s usual to have questions about her role and training. On this day, it was only our third outing in public and I was feeling confident because I hadn’t been challenged all day. I was in a pharmacy to pick up my medication.
Sales assistant: *running down the corridor* Excuse me!
Me: Yes?
Sales assistant: I don’t want to be mean, but next time you come you need to leave your dog outside.
(I look at [dog] standing beside me in all her gear, then at the door which is fifty meters away, then at my medication held plainly in my hands)
Me: Um, no. I’m not going to do that.
Sales assistant: It’s fine this time, but next time you really need to leave her outside. We can’t have dogs in here.
Me: I can’t leave her behind. She’s an assistance dog. MY assistance dog. I need her.
Sales assistant *nastily*: Well I wasn’t aware of that! And we don’t let dogs in here.
(I look at [dog] again to be sure – she is still clearly marked. Literally the only parts of her that don’t have some kind of identifying equipment are her tail and her paws. I’m confused by the hostility in the woman’s tone, and starting to feel anxious because I’d never faced being sent out of a store before. I really need my medicine, so I stand my ground.)
Me: But she is a service dog. She’s legally allowed to go anywhere I can go. It’s not safe for me to leave her behind.
Sales assistant: *throwing her hands up* Ugh! I know that! I wasn’t aware that she was an assistance dog! *glares*
Me: I – I don’t know what you want me to say here. She is one.
Sales assistant: Ugh! *storms away*
(I completed the rest of my shopping and left as soon as possible. It wasn’t a big deal but for someone relatively new to my condition and just learning to be independent again with the help of a dog, it was a devastating thing. It was very difficult to be brave enough to go into the next shop that I needed to, although the people working there were totally kind and absolutely appalled at the behaviour when I asked if there would be a problem bringing my dog inside.)
Old 10-30-2020   #468
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Drive Up, Slide Out, Make Up
EMPLOYEES, IGNORING & INATTENTIVE, MASSACHUSETTS, PHARMACY, USA | WORKING | JULY 1, 2020
I go to my pharmacy’s drive-up window to pick up a prescription. I give the pharmacy technician my information and put my HSA card — medical debit card — in a cup in the slide-out drawer provided for that purpose.

A few minutes later, she hands me a small bag.

Technician: “Here is your prescription; your card is in the bag.”

Me: “Thank you.”

I start to drive away.

Technician: “WAIT! YOUR CARD IS IN THE CUP!”

Me: *Stops* “I thought you said my card was in the bag?”

Technician: “I made that up.”
Old 10-30-2020   #469
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Dizzying Ordeal
EMPLOYEES, HEALTH & BODY, LAZY/UNHELPFUL, PHARMACY, UK | HEALTHY | JULY 1, 2020
I have had vertigo on and off since I caught a bug in 2017. I usually bed rest and it goes away after a few hours. I have a bout of it in May 2019; it’s just not going after two days and my anxiety over it is making it worse.

I call the doctor and his receptionist says as it’s an existing condition I can have a telephone consult. Two minutes after I put the phone down, the doctor calls back and says he’ll send an electronic prescription to the local pharmacy. I can’t drive. I can only just stand, but the pharmacy is seven minutes’ walk, so I figure I’ll stagger up to the pharmacy, get the meds, and then stagger next door to the tea room, take the tablets with a drink there, and wait for them to kick in so I can walk home. My friend runs the tea room and will let me sit quietly in the corner.

So, the plan is made, and after fifteen minutes of stumbling up the road with the world spinning, I get to the pharmacy and hang off a display unit for another ten minutes until it’s my turn.

Assistant: “How can I help you?”

Me: “I’ve come to collect a prescription that the doctor has just sent through electronically as urgent for me.”

Assistant: “I’ll go look.”

She disappears for ten minutes. By the time she returns, I’m almost lying on the counter as my head is spinning so much.

Assistant: “No, there’s no prescription for you.”

Me: “Can you check, please? The doctor said he would send it through as urgent.”

Assistant: “Well, if you insist.”

Me: *Through gritted teeth* “Yes, I do!”

She goes away again and comes back after another ten minutes, by which time I’m starting to feel nauseous.

Assistant: “No prescription. When did the doctor send it through?”

Me: “As I said, he has just sent it through as urgent. Just now.”

Assistant: “Why didn’t you say?”

Me: “I did.”

Assistant: “Oh, we don’t look at the electronic ones until the afternoon. Can you come back in two days?”

Me: “I have chronic vertigo. I can’t see too well, and I can’t stand up, walk, or lie down. The doctor has prescribed these as urgent. No, I can’t come back in two days!”

Assistant: “Are you insisting that you have your prescription made up now?”

Me: “You think?”

She looks blankly at me.

Me: “Yes, I am. Please make it up now or I will throw up and collapse here.”

Assistant: *Sighs* “If you insist. Can you go sit over there?” *Points at a chair behind a pillar* “You are stopping other people getting their prescriptions.”

I looked at her as if she had lost the plot and went to sit in the chair and lean on the pillar which was nice and cold on my head.

After another thirty minutes, still no prescription. I staggered over and asked the assistant how much longer it would be as it was now nearly an hour since I’d gotten there. She told me to go sit down and wait.

I stumbled back. After another thirty minutes, a different assistant came over with a clipboard and asked me to fill out a customer satisfaction surgery. I must have looked shocked and possibly homicidal at this point, as she said in a caring way, “Are you okay, love?”. I explained that I’d been there all morning waiting for my urgent prescription. She grabbed the clipboard out of my hands and dashed off. She came straight back with my prescription made up.

She explained that the pharmacist had started to make it up but had been called to the telephone. Then, it was given to the assistant pharmacist who started it, too, and then went to early lunch. The assistant I’d been dealing with had gone out on her break and it had been forgotten, and because I was behind the pillar, they had forgotten me.

This different assistant had been filling a display up, saw what looked like a dead woman on the chair, and brought over the survey as a way to talk to me. I dry-swallowed two of the tablets as she spoke, staggered home hours after I had left, and finally collapsed in bed. About thirty minutes later, the tablets kicked in and I filled the survey out in line with very honest replies.

Two days later, I moved to having my prescriptions filled by post — they come three days after you request them — and for urgent, I now send my husband.
Old 10-30-2020   #470
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #199825
PHARMACY, USA, UTAH | UNFILTERED | JULY 1, 2020
(A young man in his late teens or early twenties came to the pharmacy to pick up his prescription. He didn’t have enough money for them, so he called his mom, who called our store and I picked up. It should be noted that the pharmacy I work in is inside a chain of grocery stores.)

Woman: Okay, so first of all, can you take payment over the phone?

Me: No, it’s corporate policy to not do that.

Woman: Well, here’s my problem. I’m down in [City about 40 miles away], and he needs to get those. Your stores are all linked, right? Can I find a [Store Name] down here and pay for them and then have him pick them up?

Me: You mean you pay for them at a different store and he picks them up here?

Woman: Yeah!

Me: …No. You can’t pay for them at one [Store Name] and pick them up at another.
Old 10-30-2020   #471
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #198676
COLORADO, DENVER, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JUNE 25, 2020
(I am waiting to pick up a prescription at a pharmacy. As I’m waiting, I hear this very loud, very off key singing. From the sound of it, it’s some kind of country love song. Looking up, I see an overweight man with ear buds walking towards me.)

Man: *unintelligible, very loud, off key singing* . . .OH MANDY!

Me: *stares, thinking this kind of thing only happened in the stories I read on the internet, and trying very hard not to laugh*

Me: *sits down and continues singing, oblivious to the stares. He continued to sing for a couple minutes before he left.*
Old 10-30-2020   #472
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

How To Counter Their Arguments
IGNORING & INATTENTIVE, JERK, PHARMACY, THE NETHERLANDS | RIGHT | JUNE 19, 2020
I have received an email that I can pick up my medication from my pharmacist. I go to pick them up. There is only one girl in the waiting room who doesn’t even notice me because she’s absorbed with her phone.

The waiting room is for both the pharmacist and general practitioner who works in the same building. I walk up to the counter and tell the pharmacist why I’m there. Within two minutes, the pharmacist has found my medication, bagged it, and handed to me.

At the moment I take the medication and start to leave, the girl looks up from her phone and starts to rage and yell because I have cut the line and she has been waiting there for at least forty minutes to get her prescription filled.

The pharmacist immediately intervenes:

Pharmacist: “Hey, stop it. You haven’t even given me your prescription. You came in and sat down, and you were constantly busy with your phone. If you had taken the trouble to give me your prescription here at the counter, you would have been away with your medication at least thirty-five minutes ago. I thought that you were waiting to see the doctor. So, either you keep your mouth shut or you can go to the pharmacist on the other side of the city. It’s your choice.”

Apparently, this is the first time that someone has spoken to her in this way. She starts crying and stomps out of the waiting room yelling that she will never come in here again.

The pharmacist shakes his head and says to me:

Pharmacist: “Would you believe it? This is the seventh time this week that some spoiled brat pulled some stunt like this. I even had one girl who sat here from eleven until five texting and phoning and complaining on the phone that it took so long. But she never came to the counter to tell us what she was here for. I had to call her to the counter and ask her or she’d still be here. I’m going to order a big flashing sign: “’No service if you don’t tell us what you want.’ But I doubt if it will work.”

I doubt it, too, after reading the stories on NAR.
Old 10-30-2020   #473
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #197483
CONNECTICUT, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JUNE 19, 2020
(The pharmacy that I work for has drive-thru service. I’m servicing a middle-aged woman, customer 1, who is on a phone call via bluetooth while I’m processing her order. The person on the other end of the line is another, louder, woman, customer 2. The first woman is trying to get her to stop talking so she can finish checking out. She’s made at least 2 attempts to get her to stop talking so I can get the necessary information.)
Me: Ok, so just this prescription?
Customer 1: yes and… [customer 2], I’m trying to pick up my order at the pharmacy. Please.
Customer 2**suddenly realizing she’s at the pharmacy**:Oh, you’re at [pharmacy name] on [address]? Can you pick up [customer’s 2 husband’s] prescriptions?
Customer 1:I don’t really have any money to pay for his prescriptions (note: she doesn’t have a co-pay through the insurance, so she wouldn’t necessarily need money to pick up her prescriptions.)
Customer 2: That’s fine, he doesn’t have a co-pay on them anyways
Customer 1: I don’t know if I can combine the orders together **looking at me** can I?
Me: Yes, I didn’t check you out yet, so I can add on his prescriptions.
Customer 1: Do you have his info?
(Customer 2 gives me the necessary personal information. Customer 1 just sort of sits back while I’m collecting the info from customer 2, giving up at trying to control her friend.)
Me: Ok, so that’s everything, anything else?
Customer 2: no, thank you! [Customer 1], thanks for picking them up!
Customer 1: **tiredly** No problem **to me** I’m sorry about her…
(The customer finally leaves, and a pharmacist who has been in the vicinity speaks up.)
Pharmacist: All the crazy people come out at night…
Old 10-30-2020   #474
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Typical Good Versus Evil Story
AWESOME, CANADA, INSPIRATIONAL, JERK, PHARMACY | RIGHT | JUNE 17, 2020
I work for a popular drugstore in an upper-class neighbourhood, where customers are usually snotty and entitled. Thirty minutes into my shift, while I am speaking in Spanish to my supervisor, a customer yells at me.

Bad Customer: “I am going to call the head office because you were speaking in Spanish about me!”

After that situation, about an hour before the store closes, a guy comes to buy four chocolate bars. He pays and tells me to pick two.

Good Customer: “I saw everything go down earlier and thought you could use some sweets in your life.”

He came back just to do that. I was so amazed by his kindness.
Old 10-30-2020   #475
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

The Babyface Will Get You Every Time
EMPLOYEES, JERK, PHARMACY, USA | HEALTHY | JUNE 14, 2020
I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder as a pre-teen and have been on meds ever since. I’m in my late twenties but have a babyface.

My doctor has just called in a new prescription for me, as I’ve run out of refills. I’m at the pharmacy and the tech has just brought up my meds.

Tech: “Oh, this is a new prescription. You have to do a consult with the pharmacist.”

Me: “That’s not necessary. I’ve been taking this for a long time.”

Tech: “He wants to speak with you. There’s a note here. I’ll be right back.”

He calls the pharmacist, an older man, over. He gives me a look and starts talking to me in a very patronizing tone.

Pharmacist: “Okay, [My Name]. Now, for [Medicine], you have to take this every day. You can’t skip this. Okay? Do you understand? Because—”

Me: “I’m going to stop you right there. I’ve had [Autoimmune Disorder] for fifteen years and have been taking daily meds for it that entire time. I know exactly what [Medicine] does and how sick I get if I don’t take it.”

Pharmacist: “But this is listed as a new prescription. You haven’t taken this before.”

Me: “Yes, I have. I ran out of refills and my doctor called in a new one. I’ve been on the same dosage for years. Check my fill history. Why do I need a consult, anyway? I’ve never needed one before.”

Pharmacist: “Um… [Tech] will get you rung up now.”

He exited. I didn’t see that pharmacist after that.
Old 10-30-2020   #476
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #195948
CONNECTICUT, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JUNE 8, 2020
(Pharmacy worker here. On some prescriptions, especially high cost prescriptions or ones deemed a controlled substance, the insurance will put a block on the prescription and the phrase “Prior Authorization needed,”or PA, will pop up. This means the prescribing doctor has to call the insurance company and explain the need of the medication for the insurance company to cover the cost. It’s a hassle, especially if it’s a maintenance medication, and usually takes a few business days to clear. Though once a PA is acquired, it’s deemed good for 3-6 months, so is only really necessary a few times a year. I’m working at the register one day when this happens to a woman.)
me: I’m sorry ma’am, but your [prescription] has a PA, and we can’t fill it right now.
Customer: what’s a PA?
(I explain what it means)
Customer: So can’t I just pay for it out of pocket? How much is it?
Me: I don’t have the price, but if you go to drop-off, they can help you with that. Though the PA will only take a couple days to work, and it lasts for a few months.
Customer: So does that mean I have to call the doctor?
Me: No, we’ve already contacted the doctor, but if you want to talk to him to speed things up, that’s your decision.
Customer: Can’t you just tell me the price and I pay it here?
Me: I physically can’t process the prescription here, this is a register computer, it only does what’s filled as of right now.
(We go back and forth like this about PAs, price quotes, insurance, at least 2 more times)
Customer: But why do I need a PA for this? I take it all the time!
Me: I don’t know why the insurance company decided to, but possibly your previous PA ran out, and we just have to renew it.
Customer: So do I call the insurance company?
Me: No, the doctor should be fine. Really, it goes through in less than 3 days most of the time.
Customer: This happens all the time! They NEVER fill my PAs!
(Note: I just had to explain to her what a PA was a few minutes ago, so I highly doubt this happens as often as she makes it out to be.)
Me **exasperated and I want out at this point** then you might want to take that up with your insurance company.
(She seems to get what she wanted to hear at that point, we finish checking out her prescriptions, and she goes presumably to yell at the insurance company. The line has gotten long at this point, and the customer behind her, who has heard the whole thing, rolls his eyes and gives me a sympathetic look.)
Old 10-30-2020   #477
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #195926
CONNECTICUT, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JUNE 7, 2020
(I work in a pharmacy that has a drive thru. We have 2 lanes, and while we can service just about everything from the first lane, the second lane we can only do certain things, due to size limitations on the carrier tube. Another major rule we have is that everyone has to stay in their cars in the drive thru for safety reasons. This is a Sunday afternoon, and my co-worker is servicing a pregnant woman with children in the second lane. Unfortunately, half way through the transaction, we realize we won’t be able to send the prescription by the tube, because it’s a glass bottle. Note: The first lane is empty, as the car that was there previously has jus)
Co-worker: Ma’am, I’m sorry to inform you, but we can’t send your medication through the drive thru, as it’s a glass bottle and could break. If you could just pull into the first lane, we can serve you there.
(The customer instead gets out of the car, runs ACROSS the barrier, and into the first lane. The pharmacist, listening to the exchange while she’s mixing the prescription, panics and runs to the window to meet her)
Pharmacist: Ma’am, please get out of the lane!
Customer: (annoyed) What are you talking to me like that for? But he just told me to come to the first lane.
Pharmacist: He meant to DRIVE into the first lane. It’s dangerous for you to be standing in the first lane.
Customer: Why can’t I be in the first lane?
Pharmacist: If a car comes around the corner, they won’t see you. Could you please at least wait with your car while we finish the prescription?
(The customer walks back across the lane, and waits on the barrier, but doesnt move while we finish her prescription.)
Pharmacist: For god’s sake, that psycho b**** is crazy! She can’t even really run while pregnant.
Me: Never mind she left the car full of kids unattended…
(We finish her prescription, nervously checking that there aren’t any cars coming, and that she’s staying on the barrier. She’s glaring at us annoyed the whole time, and walks up to the first window AGAIN, even though we’ve now told her twice not to do that.)
Pharmacist: Okay, here’s your [prescription], remember to shake it before dosing, and refridgerate.
Customer: You didn’t have to talk like that to me.
Pharmacist: I was just worried, I didn’t want you getting hit by a car.
(She’s still glaring at her when she finally walks away, get’s back in the car, and drives away)
Old 10-30-2020   #478
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Rewarding Reveal
AT THE CHECKOUT, PHARMACY, RETAIL, USA | RIGHT | JUNE 6, 2020
I am ringing up a customer and her husband. Our chain’s rewards card gives customers the sale prices and points they can redeem like cash on purchases.

Me: “Are you a rewards card member, ma’am?”

Wife: *Makes a face* “No.”

Husband: “I am!”

He fishes our blue card from his pocket.

Wife: “Why do you have that?!”

The wife turns back to me. I am a little confused.

Wife: “I work for [Competitor]. We’re from Florida.”

Me: “Oh!” *Laughing* “Well, there are three of [My Chain] and just one [Competitor] in our city.”

I gave them directions to “her” chain, describing how close it was to the newest location of my chain; they left while discussing the closeness of the two chains’ stores to each other across the country.
Old 10-30-2020   #479
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #195875
PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JUNE 5, 2020
I work at a well known pharmacy as a cashier. This happened last night before we were about to close. Note the store and pharmacy hours are different for every store. And our hours are listed on the front door as you walk in AND on our website. our pharmacy closes at 9 during the week. A customer comes in and heads straight back to the pharmacy. She’s back there for a few minutes then comes up to the cash register. She asks me to fetch a manager. Here’s their conversation.
Manager: yes can I help you?
Customer: (in an annoyed tone) yes I just wanted to let you know your falsely advertising your store hours and I don’t think that’s right. I needed to pick up some medicine but the pharmacy is closed!
Manager: well our store hours are listed on our website.
Customer: she holds up her phone for my manager to see) that’s where I was looking!
Manager: (looks at the phone) ma’am this isn’t our website. Our hours are listed on our website.
Me: and every store closes at different times. Did you look up this store?
Customer:but this says you close at-!
Manager: we can’t control what other websites say. You can only go by our website.
The customer glares at us and storms out
Me: (to my manager when the customer is gone) don’t you love it when they argue with is about what times we close?
Old 10-30-2020   #480
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

That Flu Right Over Their Head
PHARMACY, USA, WORDPLAY | RIGHT | JUNE 3, 2020
I am a front store supervisor in a popular pharmacy chain, and part of my job is asking each customer if they need help finding anything.

Me: “Can I help you find anything?”

Customer: “I’m looking for Tamiflu.”

Me: “Tamiflu is actually by prescription only, but we have Theraflu over the counter, if that’s what you’re looking for.”

Customer: “Nope, I’m pretty sure it’s Tamiflu.”

Me: *Pause* “Okay, well, all the Theraflu is right here.”

Customer: “Yes, Tamiflu! That’s just what I was looking for.”

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.