ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Hate crimes jumped in New York City during first quarter of 2021
Hate crimes in New York City have increased in the first quarter of this year, sparked by a dramatic increase in incidents against Asian Americans and scores of crimes against Jews, according to the New York Police Department.

The NYPD released numbers on Monday showing that 180 hate crimes occurred from Jan 1 to May 2, an increase of 73 percent from 104 in the same period in 2020, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Asians were targeted in 80 hate crimes, the highest number of such incidents. There were 16 hate crimes against Asian Americans during the same period last year, the NYPD's Hate Crime Task Force said.

Hate crimes targeting Jewish people were the second-highest behind anti-Asian incidents, with 54 reported from the beginning of the year until May 2, down from 58 such crimes in 2020.

During the period, 78 arrests were made, up 160 percent from 30 in the same period last year, according to the Journal.

Police officials have said that the true number of hate crimes in the city is probably higher because many such crimes go unreported.

In the latest of what the Hate Crime Task Force is investigating as a possible hate crime,

Police said Tuesday that they are searching for a woman who on Sunday night near Times Square demanded that two Asian women remove their face masks and then attacked one of them with a hammer.

"She was talking to herself. I thought maybe she was drunk or something, so we just wanted to pass her quickly," the 31-year-old victim, who was identified only as Theresa, told ABC-TV. "When I passed her, suddenly I felt my head get hit by something."

Theresa was rushed to a hospital, where she needed stitches for a gash to her forehead and another cut on her head, according to ABC. The other woman, 29, didn't appear to suffer any injuries, according to authorities.

"My mom actually told me, 'Please be careful, there's a lot of Asian crime happening in America,'" Theresa said. The recent graduate of Manhattan's Fashion Institute of Technology said she plans to go back to Taiwan now. If the right job comes along, she said, she will move back to New York when it is safer.

"I am disgusted by this violent attack in Midtown Manhattan, the latest seemingly senseless and despicable hate crime against Asian Americans in this state,'' Governor Andrew Cuomo said in a statement on Tuesday. "We will do everything in our power to protect those who are vulnerable to these attacks and to hold cowardly perpetrators accountable to the full extent of the law."

Hundreds of New Yorkers gathered at a rally in predominantly Asian-populated Flushing, Queens, on Sunday, denouncing the wave of hate crimes against Asian-American communities.

"If you hate, get the hell out of here because you don't deserve to live in New York City," Mayor Bill de Blasio said at the rally.

june04
R10 Vô Địch Thiên Hạ
Release: 05-05-2021

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nư.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1785621  
june04_is_offline
Thanked 2,984 Times in 2,613 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6june04 Reputation Uy Tín Level 6

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.