It’s An Emergency! But It Can Wait. JERK, MEDICAL OFFICE, NURSES, USA | HEALTHY | SEPTEMBER 7, 2020 - Page 16 - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > Other News|Tin Khác > Health Care in English

Page 16 of 65 « First 612131415 16 1718192026 Last »

Old 09-20-2020   #301
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Thanked 45,859 Times in 12,760 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Calm At The Sight Of Mayhem
GROCERY STORE, JERK, PHARMACY, USA, VIRGINIA | RIGHT | SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
(I go to a store to get some photos printed for my job, one of which is a photo of my cat. As I go to ask for my photos, an older cashier who isn’t actually specialized in photos comes to help me. Before I get to see my photos and pay, I hear a woman yelling.)

Woman: “What do you mean, you won’t take it?! I can’t stay here anymore! I’m about to leave!”

(She walks over to the cashier who is in the middle of helping me. I stand back, a little afraid of what she might do.)

Woman: “Hey, you! I need your help! She says it won’t take this coupon!”

Cashier: “Well, miss, you actually have the wrong items.”

(The woman points to her coupon and back to her products.)

Woman: “No, see, look here. That’s [product], right? And this says, ‘[product].’”

Cashier: “Well, miss, nothing’s coming up. I’m sorry.”

Woman: “Well, then, your system is broken. I swear, every time! Look…”

(The woman is obviously upset, and she isn’t shy. This exchange continues for almost half an hour before she hands him her credit card and wanders off to find some chips to buy. At this point, I carefully go to get my photos to look at. But before I can purchase them, the woman is called back to the counter.)

Cashier: “Susan! Susan! Are you ready to check out?”

Woman: *still very frustrated* “Susan? My name’s Vicky! Ha, why are you calling me Susan? But that’s supposed to be on sale! I wouldn’t come here if I had to get things without these coupons!”

(She turns to me, and her demeanor changes drastically. She smiles at my picture of my cat.)

Woman: “Oh, is that your kitty? What’s her name?”

Me: *smiling nervously* “Mayhem.”

Woman: “Wow, Mayhem? She’s cute.” *to cashier* “These coupons should work!”

(Finally, she’s rung up, and she leaves the store.)

Me: “Does she come here a lot?”

Cashier: “Oh, yeah, everyone knows Susan. Give her a few hours; she’ll be back.”
florida80_is_offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020   #302
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

Unfiltered Story #167681
AUSTRALIA, PHARMACY | UNFILTERED | SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
I am the customer in this story. My friends and I are divers – we use a compressor in the boat and dive with lines to breathe through. The compressor has filters that work best stuffed with feminine hygiene pads and honey (it catches all dust and adds a pleasant taste to the air). Also to put on a wetsuit it helps to have something slippery on your legs (pantyhose works great)

Heading out of town for weekend dive trip my friends and I stop at a country town and walk into a pharmacy. We spend some time checking out the pantyhose display looking for some that would fit us. We are three rather big guys. Not being regular buyers it takes awhile. Having made our choice we approach the assistant at the counter, while making our purchases one of my friends says me “Have you changed the filters lately?” Remembering that I have not I ask the assistant for a package of feminine hygiene pads. We get a very strange look, not helped when my other friend asks “By the way do you have any honey?”
Old 09-20-2020   #303
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Who Put Sand(paper) Up Their Crotches?
BAD BEHAVIOR, DALLAS, PHARMACY, TEXAS, USA, WORDPLAY | RIGHT | SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
(I am at a pharmacy at 3:00 am trying to pick up some toilet paper. There are two people arguing somewhere near the rear of the store and the store clerk is falling asleep at the checkout. It is when I get to the toilet paper section that I discover that the people arguing are standing in front of my goal. Not wanting to get anywhere near this nasty-sounding fight, I go down a few aisles to wait out the storm. That’s when I hear this gem

Lady: “We ain’t buying that s***ty a** s***!”

Guy: “That crap you always buy always gets all up in my a**. We be buying a** wipes, not f****** tissue paper!”

Lady: “I’m not rubbing my crotch with this sandpaper bulls***!”

Guy: “This ain’t nothing like sandpaper. This s*** be tight and it ain’t gonna rub ya raw!”

(I’m an aisle over at this point trying not to laugh too loudly. They’re making sailors proud with their foul language. I’ve never heard such a colorful argument about toilet paper before. They continue this for a bit when the guy drops some math on the lady.)

Guy: “Look right here. This has 200 sheets per f****** roll. There be four rolls in this s***. With five sheets for every hardcore a**-wiping and four hardcore a**-wipings for each s***, this f****** roll gonna last for ten hardcore s*** sessions. That’s f****** forty hardcore s***s for five f****** dollars. And your b****-a** s*** costs f****** ten bucks and I gotta dig the f****** s*** nuggets out of my a** every time I use this s***.”

(They must have heard me laughing at this point as they got really quiet. I don’t know if the guy ever convinced the lady to buy whatever it was. Definitely spiced up my earlier morning.)
Old 09-20-2020   #304
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

You Can’t Insure Against Evil
BAD BEHAVIOR, PARENTS/GUARDIANS, PENNSYLVANIA, PHARMACY, USA | HEALTHY | SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
(A young woman pulls up to the drive-thru pharmacy to pick up Ritalin for her son, who is sitting in the backseat. The medication isn’t ready so I check the system and see that the insurance isn’t covering it. A reason is usually provided, but not in this case.)

Evil Mom: “That makes no sense. We always get it filled here and there’s never a problem. The insurance covers everything.” *classic line with pharmacy customers who think insurance is magic and has no limitations*

Me: “I understand. But I just tried to run it through the insurance and they rejected it without giving a reason why. Would you be able to call them?”

Evil Mom: “Okay, I’ll call right now.” *looks at her insurance cards angrily* “So, what’s the number?”

Me: *confused why she thinks I know the number off the top of my head* “There should be a customer service number on the back of the card.”

Evil Mom: *still angry* “Member services?”

Me: “Yes.”

(She calls and remains sitting in the single-lane driveway, blocking a line of cars with no regard for the other people who came for their medications.)

Me: “Could you pull around the store to make the call?”

Evil Mom: “I’m not leaving this spot until I get my son’s meds.”

(The pharmacist comes over.)

Pharmacist: *friendly* “I’m sorry, but would you be able to—”

Evil Mom: *without looking at us* “I’m not leaving.” *rolls the window up in our faces*

(The pharmacist curses under her breath and leaves to help other customers. The mom reaches someone from the insurance company and puts the window back down. For fifteen minutes, I listen to her scream at the representative. The whole store can hear her through the drive-thru dropping profuse F-bombs and bullying the rep. Her son is fidgeting in the back seat, but sadly, he doesn’t look surprised by this behavior.)

Evil Mom: “Why isn’t my son’s medication covered? You are supposed to cover it and he needs this! What is your name? Okay. And what is your last name? ‘L’ is your last name? Wow. That’s a weird last name. Then give me your employee number. What do you mean, you don’t have numbers? So, how does your company have you on file? Give me your information. You know what? Nevermind. I want to speak to a manager. Now.”

(A car behind her honks.)

Other Customer: *shouting forward* “What’s going on? It’s been almost half an hour! Just go inside!”

Evil Mom: *shouting back* “SHUT THE F*** UP!”

(Eventually, the cars behind her begin leaving the line. None of them come inside the store. Mom, still on the phone, throws a discount prescription card and her welfare card at me and looks expectant. I return a blank look.)

Evil Mom: *pleasant voice* “I’m waiting for you.”

Me: *confused as to what she expects me to do, since the insurance issue has not been resolved* “Did they put the claim through? If so, I can try to re-run it.”

Evil Mom: *arrogantly* “Just run the cards and give me the medication. I’m going to pay the same amount as I did last time. Use the cards I just gave you and give me his pills.”

Me: “It still has to go through the insurance first.”

(The mom continues screaming obscenities simultaneously at the phone and now at me. The pharmacist comes over again and takes charge of the situation.)

Pharmacist: “You need to stop talking like that to our staff. You’re cursing and insulting us. We don’t need that. In the future, I think you need to use a different pharmacy.”

Evil Mom: *in a weirdly amused way* “Who are you even? I didn’t ask you anything.”

(The pharmacist and I are fed up. I look back and see that the store manager has been listening to everything in the background. The pharmacist tries to run the medication through the insurance again but the rejection is still coming up.)

Pharmacist: “The insurance is still not going through. We’ve done what we can. The cash price is $130 and we can fill it for you.”

(The mom sped away in a flash without another word. We were surprised she didn’t curse us out one more time. We anticipate that she has already called corporate to tell them we are horrible people preventing her from getting her son’s medication. The store manager who overheard said she will vouch for us. If that evil mom knew how to be patient and work with people, there is a chance she could have gotten her son’s medication filled. I feel really bad for that kid.)
Old 09-22-2020   #305
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

(A young man in his late teens or early twenties came to the pharmacy to pick up his prescription. He didn’t have enough money for them, so he called his mom, who called our store and I picked up. It should be noted that the pharmacy I work in is inside a chain of grocery stores.)

Woman: Okay, so first of all, can you take payment over the phone?

Me: No, it’s corporate policy to not do that.

Woman: Well, here’s my problem. I’m down in [City about 40 miles away], and he needs to get those. Your stores are all linked, right? Can I find a [Store Name] down here and pay for them and then have him pick them up?

Me: You mean you pay for them at a different store and he picks them up here?

Woman: Yeah!

Me: …No. You can’t pay for them at one [Store Name] and pick them up at another.
Old 09-22-2020   #306
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

(I am waiting to pick up a prescription at a pharmacy. As I’m waiting, I hear this very loud, very off key singing. From the sound of it, it’s some kind of country love song. Looking up, I see an overweight man with ear buds walking towards me.)

Man: *unintelligible, very loud, off key singing* . . .OH MANDY!

Me: *stares, thinking this kind of thing only happened in the stories I read on the internet, and trying very hard not to laugh*

Me: *sits down and continues singing, oblivious to the stares. He continued to sing for a couple minutes before he left.*
Old 09-22-2020   #307
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

How To Counter Their Arguments
IGNORING & INATTENTIVE, JERK, PHARMACY, THE NETHERLANDS | RIGHT | JUNE 19, 2020
I have received an email that I can pick up my medication from my pharmacist. I go to pick them up. There is only one girl in the waiting room who doesn’t even notice me because she’s absorbed with her phone.

The waiting room is for both the pharmacist and general practitioner who works in the same building. I walk up to the counter and tell the pharmacist why I’m there. Within two minutes, the pharmacist has found my medication, bagged it, and handed to me.

At the moment I take the medication and start to leave, the girl looks up from her phone and starts to rage and yell because I have cut the line and she has been waiting there for at least forty minutes to get her prescription filled.

The pharmacist immediately intervenes:

Pharmacist: “Hey, stop it. You haven’t even given me your prescription. You came in and sat down, and you were constantly busy with your phone. If you had taken the trouble to give me your prescription here at the counter, you would have been away with your medication at least thirty-five minutes ago. I thought that you were waiting to see the doctor. So, either you keep your mouth shut or you can go to the pharmacist on the other side of the city. It’s your choice.”

Apparently, this is the first time that someone has spoken to her in this way. She starts crying and stomps out of the waiting room yelling that she will never come in here again.

The pharmacist shakes his head and says to me:

Pharmacist: “Would you believe it? This is the seventh time this week that some spoiled brat pulled some stunt like this. I even had one girl who sat here from eleven until five texting and phoning and complaining on the phone that it took so long. But she never came to the counter to tell us what she was here for. I had to call her to the counter and ask her or she’d still be here. I’m going to order a big flashing sign: “’No service if you don’t tell us what you want.’ But I doubt if it will work.”

I doubt it, too, after reading the stories on NAR.
Old 09-22-2020   #308
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

(The pharmacy that I work for has drive-thru service. I’m servicing a middle-aged woman, customer 1, who is on a phone call via bluetooth while I’m processing her order. The person on the other end of the line is another, louder, woman, customer 2. The first woman is trying to get her to stop talking so she can finish checking out. She’s made at least 2 attempts to get her to stop talking so I can get the necessary information.)
Me: Ok, so just this prescription?
Customer 1: yes and… [customer 2], I’m trying to pick up my order at the pharmacy. Please.
Customer 2**suddenly realizing she’s at the pharmacy**:Oh, you’re at [pharmacy name] on [address]? Can you pick up [customer’s 2 husband’s] prescriptions?
Customer 1:I don’t really have any money to pay for his prescriptions (note: she doesn’t have a co-pay through the insurance, so she wouldn’t necessarily need money to pick up her prescriptions.)
Customer 2: That’s fine, he doesn’t have a co-pay on them anyways
Customer 1: I don’t know if I can combine the orders together **looking at me** can I?
Me: Yes, I didn’t check you out yet, so I can add on his prescriptions.
Customer 1: Do you have his info?
(Customer 2 gives me the necessary personal information. Customer 1 just sort of sits back while I’m collecting the info from customer 2, giving up at trying to control her friend.)
Me: Ok, so that’s everything, anything else?
Customer 2: no, thank you! [Customer 1], thanks for picking them up!
Customer 1: **tiredly** No problem **to me** I’m sorry about her…
(The customer finally leaves, and a pharmacist who has been in the vicinity speaks up.)
Pharmacist: All the crazy people come out at night…
Old 09-22-2020   #309
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Typical Good Versus Evil Story
AWESOME, CANADA, INSPIRATIONAL, JERK, PHARMACY | RIGHT | JUNE 17, 2020
I work for a popular drugstore in an upper-class neighbourhood, where customers are usually snotty and entitled. Thirty minutes into my shift, while I am speaking in Spanish to my supervisor, a customer yells at me.

Bad Customer: “I am going to call the head office because you were speaking in Spanish about me!”

After that situation, about an hour before the store closes, a guy comes to buy four chocolate bars. He pays and tells me to pick two.

Good Customer: “I saw everything go down earlier and thought you could use some sweets in your life.”

He came back just to do that. I was so amazed by his kindness.
Old 09-22-2020   #310
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

The Babyface Will Get You Every Time
EMPLOYEES, JERK, PHARMACY, USA | HEALTHY | JUNE 14, 2020
I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder as a pre-teen and have been on meds ever since. I’m in my late twenties but have a babyface.

My doctor has just called in a new prescription for me, as I’ve run out of refills. I’m at the pharmacy and the tech has just brought up my meds.

Tech: “Oh, this is a new prescription. You have to do a consult with the pharmacist.”

Me: “That’s not necessary. I’ve been taking this for a long time.”

Tech: “He wants to speak with you. There’s a note here. I’ll be right back.”

He calls the pharmacist, an older man, over. He gives me a look and starts talking to me in a very patronizing tone.

Pharmacist: “Okay, [My Name]. Now, for [Medicine], you have to take this every day. You can’t skip this. Okay? Do you understand? Because—”

Me: “I’m going to stop you right there. I’ve had [Autoimmune Disorder] for fifteen years and have been taking daily meds for it that entire time. I know exactly what [Medicine] does and how sick I get if I don’t take it.”

Pharmacist: “But this is listed as a new prescription. You haven’t taken this before.”

Me: “Yes, I have. I ran out of refills and my doctor called in a new one. I’ve been on the same dosage for years. Check my fill history. Why do I need a consult, anyway? I’ve never needed one before.”

Pharmacist: “Um… [Tech] will get you rung up now.”

He exited. I didn’t see that pharmacist after that.
Old 09-22-2020   #311
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #195948
CONNECTICUT, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | JUNE 8, 2020
(Pharmacy worker here. On some prescriptions, especially high cost prescriptions or ones deemed a controlled substance, the insurance will put a block on the prescription and the phrase “Prior Authorization needed,”or PA, will pop up. This means the prescribing doctor has to call the insurance company and explain the need of the medication for the insurance company to cover the cost. It’s a hassle, especially if it’s a maintenance medication, and usually takes a few business days to clear. Though once a PA is acquired, it’s deemed good for 3-6 months, so is only really necessary a few times a year. I’m working at the register one day when this happens to a woman.)
me: I’m sorry ma’am, but your [prescription] has a PA, and we can’t fill it right now.
Customer: what’s a PA?
(I explain what it means)
Customer: So can’t I just pay for it out of pocket? How much is it?
Me: I don’t have the price, but if you go to drop-off, they can help you with that. Though the PA will only take a couple days to work, and it lasts for a few months.
Customer: So does that mean I have to call the doctor?
Me: No, we’ve already contacted the doctor, but if you want to talk to him to speed things up, that’s your decision.
Customer: Can’t you just tell me the price and I pay it here?
Me: I physically can’t process the prescription here, this is a register computer, it only does what’s filled as of right now.
(We go back and forth like this about PAs, price quotes, insurance, at least 2 more times)
Customer: But why do I need a PA for this? I take it all the time!
Me: I don’t know why the insurance company decided to, but possibly your previous PA ran out, and we just have to renew it.
Customer: So do I call the insurance company?
Me: No, the doctor should be fine. Really, it goes through in less than 3 days most of the time.
Customer: This happens all the time! They NEVER fill my PAs!
(Note: I just had to explain to her what a PA was a few minutes ago, so I highly doubt this happens as often as she makes it out to be.)
Me **exasperated and I want out at this point** then you might want to take that up with your insurance company.
(She seems to get what she wanted to hear at that point, we finish checking out her prescriptions, and she goes presumably to yell at the insurance company. The line has gotten long at this point, and the customer behind her, who has heard the whole thing, rolls his eyes and gives me a sympathetic look.)
Old 09-22-2020   #312
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

(I work in a pharmacy that has a drive thru. We have 2 lanes, and while we can service just about everything from the first lane, the second lane we can only do certain things, due to size limitations on the carrier tube. Another major rule we have is that everyone has to stay in their cars in the drive thru for safety reasons. This is a Sunday afternoon, and my co-worker is servicing a pregnant woman with children in the second lane. Unfortunately, half way through the transaction, we realize we won’t be able to send the prescription by the tube, because it’s a glass bottle. Note: The first lane is empty, as the car that was there previously has jus)
Co-worker: Ma’am, I’m sorry to inform you, but we can’t send your medication through the drive thru, as it’s a glass bottle and could break. If you could just pull into the first lane, we can serve you there.
(The customer instead gets out of the car, runs ACROSS the barrier, and into the first lane. The pharmacist, listening to the exchange while she’s mixing the prescription, panics and runs to the window to meet her)
Pharmacist: Ma’am, please get out of the lane!
Customer: (annoyed) What are you talking to me like that for? But he just told me to come to the first lane.
Pharmacist: He meant to DRIVE into the first lane. It’s dangerous for you to be standing in the first lane.
Customer: Why can’t I be in the first lane?
Pharmacist: If a car comes around the corner, they won’t see you. Could you please at least wait with your car while we finish the prescription?
(The customer walks back across the lane, and waits on the barrier, but doesnt move while we finish her prescription.)
Pharmacist: For god’s sake, that psycho b**** is crazy! She can’t even really run while pregnant.
Me: Never mind she left the car full of kids unattended…
(We finish her prescription, nervously checking that there aren’t any cars coming, and that she’s staying on the barrier. She’s glaring at us annoyed the whole time, and walks up to the first window AGAIN, even though we’ve now told her twice not to do that.)
Pharmacist: Okay, here’s your [prescription], remember to shake it before dosing, and refridgerate.
Customer: You didn’t have to talk like that to me.
Pharmacist: I was just worried, I didn’t want you getting hit by a car.
(She’s still glaring at her when she finally walks away, get’s back in the car, and drives away)
Old 09-22-2020   #313
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

A Rewarding Reveal
AT THE CHECKOUT, PHARMACY, RETAIL, USA | RIGHT | JUNE 6, 2020
I am ringing up a customer and her husband. Our chain’s rewards card gives customers the sale prices and points they can redeem like cash on purchases.

Me: “Are you a rewards card member, ma’am?”

Wife: *Makes a face* “No.”

Husband: “I am!”

He fishes our blue card from his pocket.

Wife: “Why do you have that?!”

The wife turns back to me. I am a little confused.

Wife: “I work for [Competitor]. We’re from Florida.”

Me: “Oh!” *Laughing* “Well, there are three of [My Chain] and just one [Competitor] in our city.”

I gave them directions to “her” chain, describing how close it was to the newest location of my chain; they left while discussing the closeness of the two chains’ stores to each other across the country.
Old 09-22-2020   #314
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

I work at a well known pharmacy as a cashier. This happened last night before we were about to close. Note the store and pharmacy hours are different for every store. And our hours are listed on the front door as you walk in AND on our website. our pharmacy closes at 9 during the week. A customer comes in and heads straight back to the pharmacy. She’s back there for a few minutes then comes up to the cash register. She asks me to fetch a manager. Here’s their conversation.
Manager: yes can I help you?
Customer: (in an annoyed tone) yes I just wanted to let you know your falsely advertising your store hours and I don’t think that’s right. I needed to pick up some medicine but the pharmacy is closed!
Manager: well our store hours are listed on our website.
Customer: she holds up her phone for my manager to see) that’s where I was looking!
Manager: (looks at the phone) ma’am this isn’t our website. Our hours are listed on our website.
Me: and every store closes at different times. Did you look up this store?
Customer:but this says you close at-!
Manager: we can’t control what other websites say. You can only go by our website.
The customer glares at us and storms out
Me: (to my manager when the customer is gone) don’t you love it when they argue with is about what times we close?
Old 09-22-2020   #315
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

That Flu Right Over Their Head
PHARMACY, USA, WORDPLAY | RIGHT | JUNE 3, 2020
I am a front store supervisor in a popular pharmacy chain, and part of my job is asking each customer if they need help finding anything.

Me: “Can I help you find anything?”

Customer: “I’m looking for Tamiflu.”

Me: “Tamiflu is actually by prescription only, but we have Theraflu over the counter, if that’s what you’re looking for.”

Customer: “Nope, I’m pretty sure it’s Tamiflu.”

Me: *Pause* “Okay, well, all the Theraflu is right here.”

Customer: “Yes, Tamiflu! That’s just what I was looking for.”
Old 09-22-2020   #316
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

(So I work in a high volume pharmacy. We’ve recently gotten a new pharmacy manager, who is trying to problem solve our pharmacy moreso than our previous managers. One of our regulars comes in. For background, he’s often rude to pharmacy workers, and doesn’t call his doctor to get his prescriptions called in, so he either has to wait a few minutes to a few days to get his prescriptions filled which causes him to complain. This particular time, I’m not working the registers, but a newer co-worker is. He’s just told the guy that his prescriptions aren’t in yet, but we’re calling the doctor)
Customer: You guys never have the medicine in! I’m always waiting, you guys just don’t want to call the doctor. Are you trying to kill me?
Manager: Sir, we told you when you came in yesterday that this could take a few days. If you want to talk to your doctor to speed it up, you’re more than welcome to.
Customer: Where’s [male pharmacist]? I want to talk to him! (Note: our manager is female, and the pharmacist he’s requested is not in for the day; she can’t call him in to talk to a customer)
Manager: Sir, I’m the manager, and I have the doctorate that [other pharmacist] doesn’t. If you have a problem, you talk to me, not him.
Customer: Well, he listens better than you guys do, you always screw it up.
(At this point, our manager has had it with this guy as he keeps ranting about”poor service” and “us trying to kill him”. He often complains about how a different pharmacy does prescriptions faster than us, so she uses this info to her advantage.)
Manager: I’m sorry you feel that way. Do you want us to send your prescriptions to [other pharmacy chain]? Since yesterday you said that they do prescriptions quicker, maybe we should just put them there.
(Customer is obviously upset at us calling his bluff, and he’s noticabely deflated instantly. he argues a little more, not half as bad before)
Customer: You’re lucky my sister isn’t here. She’d bust you guys! ( Note: This guy is in his 50s. Pulling the relation card is nothing short of pathetic. He walks off at this point, without prescriptions.)
Me: It’s ok, that guy’s always a jerk.
Manager: If he’s not going to listen to us trying to help, he can go somewhere else. If he doesn’t want to listen, that’s his problem.
(At this point, a co-worker comes back from her break)
Co-worker: I just ran into [Customer]. He was really p****** off, what happened?
(we relate what happened to her, including the sister threat. Everyone is a bit relieved at the idea this guy won’t be coming back soon, and manager gains a new level of respect.)
Co-worker: I’m sure if we do get a cal from his sister, she’s going to be the one apologizing and transfer the prescriptions. (It’s been over a month, and we haven’t seen the guy since)
Old 09-22-2020   #317
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

This Call Gets More Costly The Longer It Goes On
JERK, PHARMACY, STUPID, USA, WISCONSIN | RIGHT | JUNE 1, 2020
We sell reloadable debit cards. You can put $20 to $500 on a card and it has a purchase fee depending on what card you buy. I’m working the front register when this lady calls.

Caller: “How much is the purchase fee on the cards?”

Me: “It’s $2 to $5, depending on the card you buy.”

She pauses for around thirty seconds.

Caller: “Thanks… but that’s not what I’m asking. I’m asking what is the fee on buying one of your reloadable cards.”

I don’t know what to say because that’s literally what I answered. I just say the same thing because I honestly don’t know what to do. She sighs angrily.

Caller: “Thanks, but that’s not what I’m asking! I’m asking what it would cost to buy one of your reloadable cards!”

Me: “Ma’am, the cost to buy them is the amount you want to put on the card, plus a purchase fee of $2 to $5 depending on what card you buy.”

She’s silent for another minute and I honestly think she has hung up, but then she starts yelling again.

Caller: “THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WOULD COST TO PUT $70 ON A RELOADABLE CARD! IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE F***** TALKING ABOUT, THEN JUST GET ME A MANAGER!”

I asked her to please hold and paged a manager to pick up the call. I got to watch as my manager had the exact same phone call I dealt with, and to my knowledge, the lady never got the answer she wanted.
Old 09-22-2020   #318
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #195033
PHARMACY, TEXAS, USA | UNFILTERED | MAY 31, 2020
A woman aged at around 40 came to pick up her prescription. I asked for the last name so I could find her in the system. It was a long complex last name, and our system requires full perfect spelling for it to bring it up. She spelled it out slowly and condensing like. I brushed it off and got her prescription from our bin. When I walk back to the counter she throws a coupon at me. I had noticed her prescription was already billed to insurance AND coupon, so I ask her what’s it for.
She rudely says “if you read it, you’d know.”
Me: “the reason I ask is because there is already a coupon applied.”
She says, “Oh, well it must’ve been automatically applied.” (That isn’t possible, we bill them like insurance and it is somewhat a long process, especially when it’s a coordination of benefits).
I say nothing to that and ask her to type in the last 4 digits of her phone number as one of our verification methods.
Rudely again, she snaps “why would I do that?”
I say: “If you want your perscription, you must verify your number.”
Woman: “Well that’s an invasion of my privacy.”
Me: “it’s to ensure the perscription goes to the correct person.”
She reluctantly agrees and she dramatically covers the pin pad all while grumbling as it as if it was a debit pin. (Note: her perscription is in my hand and it contains her full name, address, and the full phone number she partially typed.)
She then begins to make small talk as she hands me her cash. I give her the change, and she stands at the counter staring at the receipt and recounting her change for literally 15 minutes. (Me and my coworkers counted.)
Since I am fairly new, my coworkers explained that she is notorious for being rude. When she comes through drive through, apparently she doesn’t speak a single word. She just throws her credit card into the drawer and expects us to know that she’s picking up.)
Old 09-22-2020   #319
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

Unfiltered Story #195023
PENNSYLVANIA, PHARMACY, USA | UNFILTERED | MAY 30, 2020
(I’m working in the front end of the pharmacy on the evening shift. It’s been pretty slow, and most of the customers around this time are pretty low matinence, so I’m pretty much just recalling a script.)

Customer: *Swipes his card, then begins struggling to get out his ID*

(Unless the register prompts us, we’re not required to see ID, so I interupt)

Me: “Oh, I don’t need to see your ID.

Customer: “Yes you do.” *Presents his card to me; in lue of a signature, he’s written ‘See ID’* “Personal safety, bub.”

(I humored him and examined the card and ID, and let him on his way. This ‘See ID’ thing has become somewhat common recently, but his cocky comment about ‘Personal safety’ really irked me. If anyone unathorized had actually been using his card, I wouldn’t have asked for ID. In fact, I wouldn’t have even had the opportunity to see the signature space, as the customers swipe their own cards. He’s just making it harder for himself for no reason!)
Old 09-22-2020   #320
florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại

I work as a pharmacy clerk, checking out patients with their prescriptions. Our card readers are a little behind schedule, only being updated to take debit in 2015, and the lack of card reader for the new chips cards come with has caused some confusion. A coworker made some bright pink signs reading “Sorry no chip” and taped them over the card slots at each card reader. Despite this, customers still asked daily:

“‘Sorry no chip.’ What does that mean?”

“No chip? Does that mean you can’t take cards?”

*trying to lift the pink note and insert their card* “So do y’all take the chip yet?
Page 16 of 65 « First 612131415 16 1718192026 Last »

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. V́ một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hăy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hăy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.