Hunter Biden said 'f--- 'em' to critics who called his art overpriced and joked that he may be 'the most famous artist.. - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Hunter Biden said 'f--- 'em' to critics who called his art overpriced and joked that he may be 'the most famous artist..
Hunter Biden said 'f--- 'em' to critics who called his art overpriced and joked that he may be 'the most famous artist in MAGA world'

President Joe Biden's son, Hunter, didn't mince words when responding in a podcast interview to those who criticized his art as being pricey and overrated.

"You seem to have good spirits about this sort of kind of crazed narrative around your painting," Nate Freeman, the co-host of the podcast Nota Bene told Hunter. "What's your response to people who are, you know, coming after the prices of the work or just, you know, the collectors, I mean, what's been your response to that?"

"Other than 'f--- 'em'?" Biden quipped as Freeman and co-host Benjamin Godsill broke into laughter.

"That's a pretty good response," Freeman said, while Godsill added: "I think that's all you need."

The younger Biden came under scrutiny when the Washington Post reported earlier this month that the White House was struggling with the optics of a presidential family member selling artwork of highly subjective and often arbitrary value.

According to the Post, White House officials helped draft an agreement that would allow Hunter Biden to earn a living from his art while not knowing who buys his paintings. The agreement was struck with a New York gallery owner who estimated that the younger Biden's paintings could sell for anywhere from $75,000 to $500,000 apiece, which art critics said were prices more typically seen for established and successful artists.

Politico interviewed experts about Biden's art and asked them whether they believed it was worth as much as it's selling for, and the vast majority said they believed it was overpriced.

Geoffrey Young, a New York poet, art critic, and curator, told Politico that while Biden's paintings were "way better" than he thought they'd be, the price range was still very high.

Hunter Biden is "complexly famous, but not yet for art," Young told Politico, adding, "Guess people will pay for a known last name."

The national art critic Ben Davis, who has written about how Hunter Biden shouldn't be selling his work at all, told Politico that for a fledgling artist, his work is already selling at the equivalent of pieces "in the top, top tier of what was thinkable."

Biden addressed the unusual nature of his venture in his podcast interview with Freeman and Godsill, saying, "I never said my art was going to cost what it was going to cost, or how much it'd be priced at. I'd be amazed if my art sold, you know, for ten dollars."

He added: "But I do know enough that the value of an artist's work is not necessarily determined by the price, but the price is completely subjective and completely arbitrary at times, and has sometimes nothing to do with anything other than, you know, the moment."

Biden's art venture is the latest ethical dilemma his business dealings have posed for his father. He previously served on the board of the Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings, which Republicans criticized as a brazen attempt to cash in on his family name.

Biden's involvement with Burisma became a centerpiece of former President Donald Trump's campaign and his efforts to paint the Biden family as corrupt. However, nonpartisan experts and government officials testified that despite the optics of Hunter Biden's work with Burisma, there was no evidence that his father was involved with his dealings or that Hunter Biden's activities ran afoul of the law.

Earlier in the interview, Biden referenced his status as a bete noire for the Republican Party and its connection to his art.

"I've gotten to share my art not only with you guys and other people that I care about, but I've also gotten to share it with the entire viewing audience of Fox News, Newsmax, and OAN."

"In one way, I think I'm the most famous artist in the MAGA world, at least," he added.

The original article on: https://www.businessinsider.com/hunt...terview-2021-7

Family Guy
R7 Tuyệt Đỉnh Cao Thủ
Release: 07-31-2021

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	045b3fd5a4da6b66f695c04321a7f5a8.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1838537  
Family Guy_is_offline
Thanked 10,432 Times in 5,250 Posts
Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21 Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9
Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9Family Guy Reputation Uy Tín Level 9

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. Vì một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hãy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.