Amid calls for gun reform, Texas advanced a bill to allow open carry without a permit - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  Default Amid calls for gun reform, Texas advanced a bill to allow open carry without a permit
The Texas House this week passed legislation to allow handguns to be carried without a permit.

Calls for gun reform have been reignited after multiple mass shootings in the US this year.

Lawmakers who opposed the bill pointed toward the 2019 deadly mass shooting in El Paso that left 23 dead.

By Connor Perrett

Texas lawmakers on Friday moved forward on legislation allowing handguns to be carried in the state without a permit.

The Texas House of Representatives of Friday voted to pass House Bill 1927, which was proposed by Rep. Matt Schafer, a Republican, according to KVUE. The bill now heads to the state Senate.

If passed by the Senate and signed into law by Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, Texans over the age of 21 would be allowed to possess and carry handguns — openly or concealed — without first obtaining a permit. Abbott said earlier in April he wanted to make Texas a "sanctuary state" for gun owners.

Democrats had proposed more than 20 amendments to the bill, but all failed.

According to the report, Texas law currently requires a person to obtain a permit, which requires a training course, a written exam, a shooting test, and being fingerprinted.

The bill also requires business owners to tell customers verbally that guns aren't allowed in their businesses — a sign stating firearms are prohibited no longer will suffice, the report said.

Joe Moody, a Democrat who opposed the bill and proposed one of the failed amendments, spoke out against the legislation and referenced the 2019 mass shooting at a Walmart in the city of El Paso that left 23 people dead.

"Members, I'm so tired of doing nothing," Moody said. "I'm so tired of catering to a very small number of very loud people who's thinking about guns is wrapped up in unfounded fears and bizarre conspiracy theories. I'm so tired of the gun being worshipped like some golden calf and hearing all about rights, but nothing about responsibilities."

Supporters said the bill removes the financial burden created by requiring a license.

In addition to opposition from gun-reform advocates, some law enforcement groups also protested the legislation, saying it would make police officers "less safe," KVUE reported.

The bill comes amid a recent spike in mass shooting incidents renewed calls for gun reform in the US

Calls for gun reform legislation have once again grown in the US following the latest wave of shootings. After a gunman opened fire at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis on Friday, killing eight people, President Joe Biden said gun violence "stains our character and pierces the very soul of our nation."

As Insider previously reported, the number of mass shootings in the US in 2021 is up 73% compared to this time last year. According to the report, there have been 147 mass shootings so far this year compared to 85 by this point in 2020. The 2021 shootings have so far killed 176 people, compared to 92 deaths from mass shootings by this point in 2020.

Experts say the rise in shootings could be the result of a "contagion effect" where more people are likely to commit an act of violence after they've seen violence committed.

According to the Gun Violence Archive, which tracks mass shootings in the US, there have been 16 mass shootings in Texas so far this year. The organization classifies a mass shooting as one where at least four people, excluding the shooter, are killed or injured.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tin tức
R4 Cao Thủ Vơ Lâm
Release: 04-17-2021

Profile:
Last Update: 01-29-2022 : 00:17 Rating: None
Tin tức_is_offline
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4 Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5Tin tức Reputation Uy Tín Level 5
Old 09-30-2021   #2
wolf001
R1 Thường Dân

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wolf001 Reputation Uy Tín Level 1

Um, I don't understand the logic of what's going on. I mean, deaths and shootings are on the rise, and that's why the law on allowing you to carry a gun without a license is coming in. Can someone explain to me the pattern of these actions? Lol. For some reason, the only thing that comes to my mind is that the deaths will grow even more in such a case. Or maybe I don't understand something; correct me. I bought myself a rifle and a night vision scope at https://ballachy.com/what-night-visi...-military-use/, but I don't allow myself to take it outside the house and woods where I go hunting. When I see people with guns, it makes me scared and worried about my family. Am I the only one?

Last edited by wolf001; 10-04-2021 at 15:03.
wolf001_is_offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. V́ một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hăy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hăy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.