People Bob Saget Had Catastrophic Injuries to His Head, Was COVID Positive When He Died: Autopsy - VietBF

News Library Technology Giải Trí Portals Tin Sốt Home

HOME

NEWS 24h

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Breaking

Go Back   VietBF > USA NEWS > USA News in English

Old  English People Bob Saget Had Catastrophic Injuries to His Head, Was COVID Positive When He Died: Autopsy
People
Bob Saget Had Catastrophic Injuries to His Head, Was COVID Positive When He Died: Autopsy
Joelle Goldstein
Thu, February 10, 2022, 3:21 PM
Bob Saget's autopsy results have been released.

A report from the Orange County Medical Examiner, obtained by PEOPLE on Thursday, stated that Saget had likely fallen backward and hit the back of his head. He had fractures to the back of his head and around his eyes at the time of his death.

Per the report, the beloved Full House actor had posterior scalp abrasions, subgaleal hemorrhage (which is blood that forms between skull and scalp), discoloration in the upper and lower eyelids due to skull fracture, subdural hematoma (which is a buildup of blood on the surface of the brain) and subarachnoid hemorrhage (which is bleeding in the space that surrounds the brain).

For more on Bob Saget, listen below to our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day.

Saget was also COVID-19 positive at the time of his death, according to the autopsy.

Though Saget did not have any illicit drugs or toxins in his system, the report stated that he was taking the prescription drug clonazepam, which treats seizures, panic disorder, and anxiety.

Additionally, Saget's autopsy stated that he had cardiomegaly (an enlarged heart), coronary artery atherosclerosis (damage or disease in the heart's major blood vessels) and aortic atherosclerosis (plaque build-up inside the wall of the aorta).

Dr. Roshini Raj, an Associate Professor of Medicine at NYU Langone Health, told PEOPLE, "This report shows that the [skull and] brain suffered trauma which led to skull fractures, bruising of the brain and actual bleeding in the space around the brain. This blood can compress the brain and cause death. The coroner determined that this trauma was most likely caused by an accidental fall backward."

Speaking about the fracture around Saget's eyes, Raj said, "The head hits something hard and the skull fractures in different places including the orbits (the part of the skull around the eyes) and that causes bleeding which compresses the brain. The force of the hit on the head can also directly bruise and damage the brain."

bob saget
bob saget
Mike Coppola/Getty Bob Saget

RELATED: Bob Saget Died Due to Head Trauma, His Family Confirms 1 Month After He Was Found Dead in Orlando Hotel

The report comes one day after Saget's cause of death was confirmed in a statement by his family. (Saget is survived by his wife Kelly Rizzo and his three daughters — Aubrey, 34, Lara, 32, and Jennifer, 29 — whom he shared with ex-wife Sherri Kramer.)

"The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma," the Saget family said on Wednesday. "They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved."

Saget's family added that they've been "overwhelmed with the incredible outpouring of love from Bob's fans" in the weeks since his death, and that the support has "been a great comfort to us and for which we are eternally grateful."

"Now that we have the final conclusions from the authorities' investigation, we felt it only proper that the fans hear those conclusions directly from us," they continued. "As we continue to mourn together, we ask everyone to remember the love and laughter that Bob brought to this world, and the lessons he taught us all: to be kind to everyone, to let the people you love know you love them, and to face difficult times with hugs and laughter."

On Thursday, Chief Medical Examiner Joshua Stephany, MD said in a toxicology analysis that the actor's death was "the result of blunt head trauma."

"In consideration of the circumstances surrounding the death and after examination of the body, toxicology analysis, histology, and a respiratory pathogen panel, it is my opinion that the death of Mr. Saget, was the result of blunt head trauma," Stephany stated. "His injuries were most likely incurred from an unwitnessed fall. A toxicology analysis did not reveal any illicit drugs or toxins. The manner of death is accident."

At the time, the Orange County Sherriff's Department also told PEOPLE "the case is still open" regarding the investigation into Saget's death.

Bob Saget
Bob Saget
James Brickwood/getty Bob Saget

RELATED: Kelly Rizzo Marks 1 Month Since Late Husband Bob Saget's Death: He 'Truly Lived Life to Its Fullest'

Saget died on Jan. 9 at age 65. He was found in his hotel room at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida. When Saget's autopsy was completed on Jan. 10, authorities had said there was "no evidence of drug use or foul play."

The night before his death, the comedian performed what would be his final stand-up show outside of Jacksonville at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall. Saget also shared a selfie following the two-hour set and praised the "really nice audience," adding, "Lots of positivity."

One of Saget's most beloved roles was portraying widower and father of three, Danny Tanner, on Full House. The family sitcom ran from the fall of 1987 through May 1995.

The cast was among Saget's closest friends who were in attendance on Jan. 14 when he was laid to rest during a private ceremony in Los Angeles.

The following day, Rizzo, 42, spoke out on social media and shared a touching Instagram tribute to her late husband.

"I'm trying, really trying, to not think I was robbed of time. But instead to think: How lucky was I that I got to be the one to be married to THE MOST INCREDIBLE MAN ON EARTH," she wrote in part. "I was the one who got to go on this crazy ride with him and be in his life these last 6 years. We had that time to make each other the happiest we'd ever been and change each other's lives forever."

bob saget, kelly rizzo
bob saget, kelly rizzo
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images Bob Saget and Kelly Rizzo

RELATED: John Stamos Delivered a Heartbreaking Tribute to Bob Saget at His Memorial — Read His Full Eulogy

"We loved each other so damn much and told each other 500 times every day. Constantly," she added. "I know how much he loved me until the very last moment and he knew the same. I'm so grateful for that."

In the weeks since, Saget's friends have continued to honor him, most recently with a tribute event at The Comedy Store in Los Angeles, which John Stamos said was "the sendoff he would have truly loved."

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

On Wednesday, Rizzo honored her husband on the one-month anniversary of his death by posting a video montage of her and Saget enjoying food and drinks around the world.

"One month without this incredible man," she wrote along with the emotional Instagram clip. "Bob truly lived life to its fullest. He had so many hardships over the years that he would always tell me 'look, life is hard, we need to enjoy it as much as possible.' And one of the best ways we did that together was sharing and exploring amazing food around the world."

"We were in our happy place together whenever we were out at a restaurant, hotel lobby bar, or even our own kitchen when I would try out a new creation on him," she added, before concluding her post with, "Experiencing simple pleasures in life like that brought him so much joy. I can't even put into words how much I will miss this."

florida80
R11 Độc Cô Cầu Bại
Release: 02-11-2022

Profile:
Last Update: None Rating: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob-Saget.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	2002965  
florida80_is_offline
Thanked 45,935 Times in 12,776 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Rep Power: 139 florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10
florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10florida80 Reputation Uy Tín Level 10

User Tag List

Facebook Comments

iPad Tablet Menu

HOME

Breaking News

Society News

VietOversea

World News

Business News

Other News

History

Car News

Computer News

Game News

USA News

Mobile News

Music News

Movies News

Sport News

ZONE 1

ZONE 2

Phim Bộ

Phim Lẻ

Ca Nhạc

Thơ Ca

Help Me

Sport Live

Stranger Stories

Comedy Stories

Cooking Chat

Nice Pictures

Fashion

School

Travelling

Funny Videos

NEWS 24h

HOT 3 Days

NEWS 3 Days

HOT 7 Days

NEWS 7 Days

HOT 30 Days

NEWS 30 Days

Member News

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 24h Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 3 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 7 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 14 Ngày Qua

Tin Sôi Nổi Nhất 30 Ngày Qua
Diễn Đàn Người Việt Hải Ngoại. Tự do ngôn luận, an toàn và uy tín. V́ một tương lai tươi đẹp cho các thế hệ Việt Nam hăy ghé thăm chúng tôi, hăy tâm sự với chúng tôi mỗi ngày, mỗi giờ và mỗi giây phút có thể. VietBF.Com Xin cám ơn các bạn, chúc tất cả các bạn vui vẻ và gặp nhiều may mắn.
Welcome to Vietnamese American Community, Vietnamese European, Canadian, Australian Forum, Vietnamese Overseas Forum. Freedom of speech, safety and prestige. For a beautiful future for Vietnamese generations, please visit us, talk to us every day, every hour and every moment possible. VietBF.Com Thank you all and good luck.